2/28/10

Weekend





I had a fantastic weekend. I'm also veryyy tired but I needed to post before the effects of this weekend wear off and this post gets lost in the land of lazy.

On Friday I picked up Killer bright and early from the airport; this time with no confusion as to the difference between the Arrival and Departure levels or the upstairs and downstairs. At 8:30am, Killer took the wheel from SFO Int'l and we drove to Roseville. The drive was pleasant; not too many cars on the road except for that damned construction going on where the 92 meets 880 in Hayward. We spent the day lounging around and sleeping in while it was pouring rain outside. I didn't get much sleep the night before because I technically work a full Monday-Friday but with two "work at home days" during the week. When I plan to hang out with Killer, which doesn't happen often, I just scramble to do all my work through the night so I can hang out with him during the day while staying somewhat near my computer to consistently upload work during work hours. We had a nice home-cooked dinner with his parents. I am not a big fan of red meat but Killer's stepfather works some sorta magic when it comes to meat. I enjoyed lamb for Christmas and ribs for that night's dinner. Around 8:30pm we left Roseville and had a nice and easy drive back to Union City. **Both drives were nice and pleasant because I didn't do ANY driving. Thanks Killer =)

Saturday we kind of...lazied around until it was time to head out. First, we had a disgusting lunch at Burger King although we were both craving it at the time...then felt yucky afterwards. Second, drove to Kmart so that I could pick up some black flats, then headed to the Berkeley Thai Temple to get dressed up in Thai costume for the Chinese New Year parade in SF =( I had to wear this 3/4 sleeve button-down shirt which was so tight around the chest area (Asian-Americans grow bigger boobies when raised in America and Thai costumes for females definitely do not accommodate any sort of body type apart from that of a nine year old boy) and this bolt of fabric wrapped in a half pant/half skirt thing. My costume could have been worse, and I HAVE been through worse, so they made up for that by giving me a "Bump-It" hairstyle and told me to make my makeup darker. As a fashion design student, omg, alumni I mean, wearing something I dislike is like stripping me of my dignity. I felt really ugly and uncomfortable. I also felt bad because they dressed up Killer. Our parade entourage was small and pretty bland. I was freezing by the end of the night and changed right on the sidewalk of Columbus Street. Also, I was having problems with my "time of month" and making a mess of myself but thank goodness Killer is not easily disgusted by naturally womanly things and took care of me well =) Post-parade Killer and I had a FANTASTIC dinner at Cafe Rouge on 4th Street in Berkeley. I can't wait to share more nice dinners with him. Having good food with good company gives me a sort of sustained happiness high that lingers for dayssss. NO MORE CHAIN RESTAURANTS! Except for the occasional BK French Fries or In-N-Out.

Sunday, watched Firefly and Vice Magazine TV before taking Killer to the airport. Which sucked.

=( Miss you already.

Overall, had a really really great weekend. =) But I still miss my person.

1 comment:

Alix said...

i miss you too :(