2/12/10

Friday Mugshot

Alexander McQueen passed away yesterday so it is only fair that I sport the only McQueen piece I could afford...which was free. [silk scull scarf]

I didn't "meet" McQueen but I interned with Viv and Sylvia for a lady that did pr for him. We were fortunate to work at the opening of his store on Melrose. So, we were all kind of gawking at him, working indirectly for him, etc. He was/IS one of my favoritest designers and I'm going to miss his innovative, badass, theatrical shows and garments.

Today concludes my "Test Week" with the company. I hope it's all good news from here.

Me and my momma have started carpooling because we both work 45 minutes away from home and I work approximately 5 minutes further away from her. It saves money on gas, especially because my clunking land whale of a bucket van is a gasoholic. My mom starts work at 8:30am so I kinda just mess around for an hour doing all sorts of nonsense. I should have started Photoshop but working on it from 10am-6pm already makes my eyes bug out. Don't need an extra hour of it.

Hopefully I make it to Irvine tomorrow as planned. Parents think there might be some sort of convention going on because every flight is oversold. I'm banking on the fact that it's Valentine's weekend and lots of couples won't be willing to split up for that last seat on the aeroplane. Please dear airplane gods, let me on a plane. I don't need to come back...well, at least by Monday if I have a job waiting for me...

No comments: