2/2/10

Cloud Cult

Continuing on from the last post about the temple girl...the more I read about her, the more I liked her.

I was shocked to see that she liked Cloud Cult, a band I pretty much had forgotten about since the Mac Crash of 2009. I downloaded their songs after a recommendation from Jessie of Metromix LA and loved them since then...til now since I completely forgot about them once my Itunes lost all my music. They are strange, in a cool way, I think. They've got an added cellist, violinist, and a guy that plays guitar and switches to trombone sometimes. They are a "green" band. They ask concert-goers to bring iPods to their concerts so they can download music straight away. They still sell cd's which are made of post-consumer products, their tour buses have solar panels and a bunch of other green things.

Their music is very hard to categorize, and it's weird finding a song to introduce to you, so I'm going to settle with this.


It's an instrumental set to a woman sharing a near-death experience. This is just one song, and it's strange, but fyi Cloud Cult's got happy songs too, haha. There's another song set to some dialogue from The Princess Bride!

No comments: