2/16/10

Grumble

Not that I'm generalizing, but generalizing (hehe, Golfy), my sister can spend all day on Youtube listening to Filipino boys and girls singing. ALL DAY LONG. Not that she goes looking for Filipinos, but I can generalize that all her favorited videos are of Filipinos. Gabe Bondoc, Passion, RinontheRox, and a whole list of other Filipinos. They out-belt each other in bathrooms for acoustics, creating covers with the ukelele OMGHATE, forcing riffs in every other line of the song, taping endless bedroom recordings with unnecessary gibberish camera-talk, for example, discussing for 10 minutes how boring their day was, and holding improv sessions on the street. It's really annoying.

Anyways, the reason why I'm so annoyed is because last night she was blasting this group of Filipino kids doing a cover of Halo by Beyonce. Blasting. WHILE I WAS TRYING TO WATCH SNOWBOARDCROSS. Like really? I'm trying to catch this piece of history and your beloved Filipino Youtube stars are killin' it for me. Halo is not even a good song.

I hastily snatched my WeSC headphones and dropped them on her lap. "Please shut up those damn Filipino singers." She gladly obliged.

This morning I realized my mouse may have been entangled in the mess of cords from my headphones because it wasn't in my backpack. I also managed to wake up at 7:20am and left the house at 7:45 am. Momma is letting me borrow a mouse from her work with that wretched ball cursor but anything is better than photoshop with a trackpad. When you spend 8 hours a day photoshopping, not having a mouse is tragic and sucky. So sucky.

Don't tell me I'm racist. I hate karaoke with a passion and I'm speaking the truth when I say that all the Youtube stars my sister listens to are all Filipino. I also like adobo and lumpia and 95% of my friends are Filipino and NOT Youtube stars and that's why I like them.

No comments: