1/31/10

Let Me Drive (last week's adventure)

January 27 - 30

So I had such a fantastical couple of days spent with Killer, so fantastical that I forgot that the weekend just started. I've actually lost all sense of time now that I'm out of school.

I had a really messed up sleeping schedule so on Wednesday I was up and out of bed at 7am and ready to pick up Killer from San Francisco Int'l. His flight was supposed to arrive at 10-something am but was delayed. He finally landed at 12pm and of course he lost his way around the airport. Noob. I was waiting for him on the Arrival level where there is the "Waiting Lobby", "Baggage Claim", and "Parking Garage" but Killer managed to stay on the Departure level where people "Check-In", go through "Security", and head to the "Gates". Anyways, I take the escalator up one floor and find him outside standing just a few feet off of where I was waiting for him except on the lower level, like, directly below him and he's got a bouquet of peonies, my favoritest flower in the world, for me =)

He went through a lot of trouble to get them for me (they're totally NOT in season) and they were like, $12 a flower. As in $12 for each bloom! He's stupid, but I love him. Nothing was Apparently he got a lot of attention from the ladies on his flight from Santa Ana to San Francisco 'bout the flowers. I'm a lucky gal. =P We head home and spend most of the day doing wonderful nothings on the couch before heading out to a weird hot pot dinner with my mom and her friend at some Asian restaurant at Pacific Commons. I kinda introduced Killer to quail eggs, which he ended up liking, so score. =) I find that I generally like the things he's introduced to me (because he's 'right' about everything) and it's a gem when I introduce him to something that he ends up liking.

Thursday, we wake up early and catch the Early Bird screening of Legion (because we're HUGE Chaucer-from-A-Knight's-Tale fans) and luckily we got those $6.25 tickets because the movie was pretty awful. Killer was really ticked off by the way the characters handled their guns, of course. Overall it was just SUPER strange and awful but I really enjoyed Paul Bettany and his fabulous accent. Killer and I also splurged on super nachos and a bucket of soda. We cleared about 3/4ths of the nachos and like, 1/5th of the soda. My hunger clouds my judgment. Too much food. After the movie we hang out at home some more, visit my dentist, then head to City Bistro for dinner and Paddy's so I can catch up on work while Killer worked on his movie review.

Btw, the shopping website decided to keep me (YAY!) and the budget, because it's a start-up, is always fluctuating. My job will be on-call so yet again this leaves me sometimes poor and with room to still find a full-time job. Paired with my pathetic sub-clerk job with the District which, by the way, asked me to work a measly TWO days in APRIL and NOVEMBER, makes me feel like I'm freelancing. And it sucks because I'm not freelancing in an industry where my skills and experiences can get passed by word of mouth. Just two businesses that are keeping me around to work according to their budgets.

Friday, Killer accompanies me to the orthodontist, which was a bitch because the assholes took FOREVER and from that point on, my symptoms of PMS began to boil. One ortho changed my bands and then I waited for 15+ minutes for the head honcho ortho to double-check and clear me. I was pissed. Sometimes the place is quick with their business but mostly not. Once that shit was done Killer and I get gas and a nutritious brunch of hot dogs, bbq sandwiches, and a blue icy before our drive to Roseville for a grand total of $3.82. I was pissy and had to switch out of the driver's seat and he laughed. We got to relax for a couple of hours before dinner at Claim Jumpers with his parents. Then I drove home, and I was pissy again, but I didn't give up my seat because I feel awful every time Killer drives to and from Irvine.

Saturday...I think we just woke up late and had a light lunch with my family in the backyard. I remember that the weather and the sunlight was pretty glorious and my family, included Killer donned sunglasses instead of opening the damn umbrella. And INCONVENIENTLY (for me), my dad had to leave for work around the same time Killer needed to head to the airport for his flight so our goodbyes happened at my front door and not at the terminal like I had hoped. Killer snuck me $20 in my jean's pocket the day before since I payed for his $17 birth certificate in downtown Sacramento since both our debit cards didn't work (I think I already misplaced the cash) but I intended to spend that $20 to pay for parking so I could hang out with him at the airport.

Aaaand, that's that. I think to any other reader this sounds like a bunch of bull but I don't get to see my person often. So shut up.

No comments: