1/2/10

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Right before I got in the party mood on NYE, I was invited to style/assist a photo shoot. The photographer, Minh Thi, an old friend from elementary school, was looking for something sensual, intimate, delicate. This was my first time getting to style a shoot and I wanted to make sure I was OVER-prepared as opposed to under. I brought 15 pairs of shoes, a whole suitcase of clothes, boxes of lingerie, my entire makeup kit, curling irons, the works. One pair of shoes was used, and maybe 2-3 outfits per girl.

I had so much fun and I can't wait to work on more shoots! The atmosphere was so relaxed, especially because it was a collaboration. We also shot at the Motel 6 in Newark. Janice modeled; she is one of my close friends from 3rd grade and also a guard girl. The other model Ashley is another girl I did guard with. I learned that if the model is uncomfortable with herself it makes everyone else working uncomfortable. Fortunately Janice and Ashley were very fun to work with.

Here's a handful of photos, more to come!

Model: Janice Lee
Photographer: Minh Thi Nguyen
Wardrobe: Amanda Manklang (me!)




Model: Ashley Blank
Photographer: Minh Thi Nguyen
Wardrobe: Amanda Manklang (Me!)



No comments: