11/30/09

Everything You Haven't Seen

A couple of weeks ago was the Mr. Hyphen pageant, a really cheesy competition for Asian American men with a $1000 prize for the charities of their choice. My good friend Golfy won and the money was split between Janet Liang of HelpingJanet.com, a beautifulyoungintelligent girl that is fighting leukemia, and the Thai American Scholarship.

Just recently, Golfy's win was posted in the NYTimes! Someone dreadful also uploaded videos of his really ridiculous talent portion. I've grown accustomed to working behind the scenes. The stage is not my thing anymore, I wasn't comfortable, and I really didn't want to be up there. So why am I showing you the videos? Because the people that read this should know a little bit more about me than the people on Facebook. Oh, internet...





The unofficial afterparty was at Mua. I was a tranny hot mess. I chugged 3 Adios' and adiosed the fuck out.


Fast forward a couple weeks later and I'm hanging out with my favorite person. =) I spent Thanksgiving weekend driving back and forth with Killer between Roseville and Union City because my mom doesn't care too much for the mileage and gas and the environment.

On the Friday after Thanksgiving we headed to Union Square for the Tree Lighting Ceremony. Killer and I arrived a little late and IT WAS SOOO PACKED. We managed to find our little gate "VIP Entrance", told the PR Lady my full name, Killer's full name, and then we walked through this absolutely clear entrance away from the sardine-packed crowds of people. =)


We ended up hanging out stage right =)


From what I heard the event wasn't so great (the parts we missed). I'm just glad I didn't have to hang out in the sea of people =)

Saturday, watched Transiberian Orchestra with Jump, Pig, and Killer. Arco Arena is a piece of shit with it's nasty plastic seats. The concert was wonderful when the musicians didn't sing. Overall the concert was very 80's, and I HATE the music of the 80's. Also, lots of hair-whipping. LOTS.

Secret game. =)

This past Wednesday, I was driving home from work and got rear ended by some idiot. I was on Decoto near Vintage Courts and the guy that hit me really fucked up his car. Someone braked late at the red light which caused a chain reaction. I was far back, driving below speed limit, so I braked fine and it was totally obvious that the guy behind me was speeding and not paying attention. It sounded awful; I heard glass, saw the smoke right away, and the sound of the impact kept replaying in my head a few hours after. When I, and the lady in front of me whose car I got pushed into, pulled over...the idiot sped off! I was fine, the lady in front of me was fine. Surprisingly there wasn't too much damage to our cars especially with how bad it sounded. My exhaust was smashed/folded down, my bumper was hanging a little low, and I can't open the trunk anymore. I was just surprised that nothing was smashed in. A very nice guy on his bike called the cops for us, and another guy showed up 2 minutes later to say that he followed the jerk after he sped off and told us the make of his car. He also said the guy was swerving before the crash.

It took me 2+ years to trust myself behind the wheel, but folks, don't forget that you CAN'T trust the drivers around you. Whether or not you're on a bike or walking or driving. Be safe! Don't be a late braker. Aaand, if you're walking...even if the Walk Man lights up, be careful of idiots that go crazy for those green turn lights. In LA I nearly got plowed by this truck. The ASSHOLE slammed on the brakes, looked at me, then sped off. He didn't even say sorry. I was so mad, so mad that I couldn't do anything...that I cried. Haha.

Back to homework.

Another hint for Killer:
-Ribbon

No comments: