11/20/09

Through This

Ok, real quick I have to proclaim my love for this song.

STARS - YOUR EX-LOVER IS DEAD

God, that was strange to see you again
Introduced by a friend of a friend
Smiled and said, "Yes, I think we've met before"
In that instant it started to pour

Captured a taxi despite all the rain
We drove in silence across Pont Champlain
And all of that time you thought I was sad
I was trying to remember your name

This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin
You tried to reach deep but you never got in
And now you're outside me, you see all the beauty
Repent all your sin

Nothing but time and a face that you'll lose
I chose to feel it and you couldn't choose

I'll write you a postcard, I'll send you the news
From the house down the road from real love

Live through this and you won't look back

There's one thing I have to say so I'll be brave
You were what I wanted
I gave what I gave
I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save



As seen on SYTYCD, performed by Ellenore and Ryan, choreographed by Travis Wall. This was an old song I KNOW I had on my old Itunes but was lost in the Old Computer Crash from a few months back. It's about old lovers meeting up, reminiscing about their relationship that ended badly, but realizing that they don't have regrets. What REALLY got me loving the song was the music video, paying homage to Eternal Sunshine.

***

It's nearly 5:30 pm on Friday and I am almost the last person in the office. I was too lazy to drive home only to head back to BART to pick up Wingman. Work is AWFULLY dull when Mama V isn't here. This past week I've been slaving away at this 10 month Excel spreadsheet for 100+ students, calculating busing bills. I've luckily been hired for this project as opposed to just working for someone so I have the luxury of zoning out to my ipod; headphones on, volume up. Eventually Mama V would hafta shoot rubberbands or her Nerf gun (which I got her 2 Christmases ago to shoot at my other coworker!) to get my attention. Then Donald figured out she needed batteries to use the red laser light "You're trying to jeopardize my precision!" Mama V says. Since I'm low on cash this year I figure the best gift for her would be batteries as well as a bag of additional Nerf bullet thingers.

***

I'm REALLY excited for this weekend. Not only am I getting paid, I will be getting a bitch of a workout for my legs because I couldn't get volunteers for my site. That means the Wingman and I will be running up and down stairs from 10am - 9pm. Then, when I'm tired as shit, Killer should be arriving. =) Mama V also got promoted; before she was simply a judging paper collector whatever, and now she's the actual Timing and Penalty Tabulator. I want to get bumped up!

***

And because I haven't said it in a while...
FUCK! HOMEWORK!
yea, I haven't TOUCHED it.

No comments: