10/2/09

Time on my hands.











Shoes, dessert, and a couple things inbetween.

It's 1:32 am and I'm up watching Transformers with the little man. He literally woke up and went straight to the dvd player to search for the dvd. I took a stupid nap from...8ish to 11 so that really screwed up my sleeping schedule. Pre-nap, after catching up on SYTYCD, Devlan asked to watch Transformers and he fell asleep on the couch with me. Later my mom said "You actually got him to sit still...and then sleep?" Hah.

It took me a while to really warm up to him but Devlan is a great kid. He doesn't whine and scream and cry and beg like other kids do. Yea, he jumps on my shoulders and pulls my hair but that's my fault for not really "playing" with him. He's very good-natured and has too much energy. He drinks milk ALL day long and it doesn't even make him sleepy.

This morning I got to sleep in until 11am before Devlan decided to jump on my back and greet me. At 1pm I headed to the office to visit Mama V and get my paycheck. I basically made what I used to make in one month, except I did it in about two weeks. Then I had to wait til the end of the month to pick it up which really...sucked. Even suckier that there's no money to pay me to work even though EVERYONE needs help.

After visiting the office I took Devlan, my uncle, and my grandma to the local janky Vietnamese hair salon to get haircuts. I'm really trying to save money so skipped out...I'll either grow my hair out or cut it myself. Anyways, the place was completely empty, as usual, so the 3 of them got their own person to cut their hair at the same time. The ladies made some small talk, asked who's who and what-not, and that's when it hit me/I remembered that...Grandma is actually my uncle's grandma, Grandma is my great-grandma, and Devlan is her great-great grandson. My mom tells me that Devlan is my nephew (he calls me "Auntie") but I'm pretty sure he's my second-cousin since he's my cousin's kid. She also has Devlan call her "Grandma" when I feel that she should be "Auntie". I'm thinking my Mom enjoys being called Grandma and being a relatively young, good-looking one but whatever. That's a whole timeline of people. Ridiculous. Devlan is pretty much the last kid for a while because my other cousins are either 27-35 before a gap of the rest of us aged 16-20 and I'm sure none of us are having kids for a while.

***Sidenote, Devlan reached for the keyboard to which I responded "No, don't touch. You're going to break the computer" when really, he just want to hold my hand. Gaaahhh. The little monster is becoming my little man as we speak.

The kids behind Save The Thai Temple are planning a trip to LA "FOR FUN. NO. WORK.", says the Boss, Gift. Her and Tim already purchased their plane tickets from Virgin for $59/1-way. She messaged me on Gtalk, "Hey! We're planning a trip to LA and I'll spot you a ticket!" Told her my pops works for United and I'm down. And that she could meet my boyfriend since he lives down there. She sounded sincerely excited; she was really happy for me when she first heard I was "In a Relationship". Gift is seriously the most enthusiastic, hard-working, inspiring, everything I've ever met. She doesn't look her age either. She TOTALLY deserves a Person. She's met some great guys but everyone her age is rushing to get married. Reminder, she DOES NOT look her age. She's also got a very nice figure and a beautiful face and she's already asked me more than once to go shopping with her =) I asked Gift where her and Tim were staying (with the Socal STTT member, Johnny) and guess where he lives....wait for it....Santa Monica! So this trip will be happenin' around the 23rd and we will also be doing 2nd Gen networking/Census stuff. And I get to see my Person so that makes me REALLY happy. Like, really.

I was talking to my friend from the Macy's Internship and she says she's moving to New York after she gets her braces off. I've told Killer that I wanted out of Norcal by January, but if I change my move-out date to September 2010 (the date I should be getting my braces off), I give myself more time to cram some Fashion Show Production classes at SF City College, more time to work, save money, and all that jazz. Flying to-and-from LAX to SFO was REALLY annoying, especially just for ortho appointments. LAX sucks balls. I also realized with the last paycheck I made, living on my own would have already taken 75% of it towards rent. I've been searching around Craigslist for Downtown LA lofts again and I am oh-so excited =) I can't wait to live on my own, work, pay my own rent, not have a curfew (for real) and see my Person more than once a month. I've waited 5 years to belong to him. Now I do, and seeing him once a month doesn't work for me. Haha.

BTW, oh this makes me sooo jealous. My sister is dorming in San Jose. She usually comes home every weekend, but last weekend she rode the train to SLO with a friend to visit her bf. No fair! San Jose is literally 20 minutes away and she gets to live without parentals watching her every move. I already lived for 9 months on my own and when I moved back I lost ALL my freedom.

Alrighty, I've run out of things to type about. I didn't even do anything productive today, wtf.

<5

1 comment:

kel said...

I'll live you again!!!