10/25/09

Go home, why?

I'm currently on BART heading home from the airport and for some reason I feel like I've been on the train for ages!

I had a pretty yucky week which consisted of a nightmarish amount of homework. I spent Monday thru Thursday on my ass at the computer for Portfolio. I would wake up at 10am and go to bed around 2am. I didn't sleep on Wednesday which was stupid annoying. I worked from 10am all the way thru to 6am which was the time I would normally "wake up" before heading to the city. I arrived at school by 7:30am and finished up my homework by 1:45pm. I decided to pamper myself with a fried chicken/garlic fries lunch topped with a glass of root beer from Wolfgang Puck. Lunch was awfully painful. I was so exhausted that I was hardly able to chew.

Class is supposed to run from 3pm to 5:45pm but my teacher is always late. I decided to meet with him last to discuss my folio so I would get feedback that wasn't rushed. We talked from 6:25pm to 6:45pm.

Piggy picked me up on Market St and we headed over to Ikea Emeryville for Goofy's headshots.Piggy was photog, I was stylist,and Gip was there for support and behind-the-scenes photography. This guerilla-style photoshoot ended up being the greatest idea EVER because all the different room sets provided different colors, textures, patterns, and lighting styles. We managed to take over 100 photos in 15 minutes. Ikea was a brilliant idea and Piggy's considering going back for RuDee's work photos. Afterwards we went to a cafe, I think it was called "Rudy's Can't Wait Cafe" for dindin. I had some really great nachos.

I finally got home and needed to clean up my homework disaster site of a computer desk, book a flight, and pack for Los Angeles. I was up until 2am, running on 38 hours of awake and feeling drunky.

Woke up at 7am. I set my alarm at 6am but managed to turn it off in my sleep. I arrived at the airport slightly late, chose a security check point that only had one lane in use which brought me to a gate at the completely opposite (it's now 1:17 am, everything previously posted was done on the Crackberry. I'm on the mac now) and ran in my heels all the way down to the far end of the terminal. Right when I got there they called up all standby passengers and got my ticket real quick. Seat 1D, First Class Baby!

Killer picked me up and we went back to his place for a much needed nap. After that we drove up to DTLA to meet Gip and Jovi for some shopping in the Fashion District. I thought we were going to be late but we arrived before them. I introduced Killer to the Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog omggg, heaven. Finally found our company and walked through the alley. I did well, I didn't buy a single thing. =) It was difficult because ALLLLL the black and gold and studs and vests and jhjklfghldfjhgk. I picked out a great top for Gip, btw. Went to Little Tokyo for some soosh, got some yogurt, then headed back home. Went to a college party where the hostess threatened a $5 fee to those who refused to dress up for Holla-ween so Killer gave me a helmet and he wore his scarf-thing and we arrived as Soldier and Terrorist.

Saturday we were late to Thai Town to meet up with Gip, Jovi, and Piggy. They had already eaten and were getting their massages so me and Killer ate on our own and walked to the Thai grocery store to pick up some funky Thai sausage that cost me around $20. Drove to Santa Monica to chill at Jovi's crib, watched a bit of UFC, has some greaaat pasta at this Italian Restaurant, and headed to the lounge. Now, this lounge was pretty asian and I was surprised and sorta embarrassed to be there because I have a handful of friends that promote and invite me to the asian clubs in SJ (I ALWAYS turn them down) and here I was. Fun Fact: we parked our car across the street from the gym that Pacman trains at.

Sunday, a bunch of wonderful laziness with Killer. I really didn't want to leave but A.) Security line was inconveniently empty, B.) My gate was thisclose to the security line C.) I got the exact same seat in First Class on the flight home.

He's talking to me right now and I am really distracted and would rather talk to him than to the blog so goodnight.

1 comment:

abhi said...

Really a yucky week!!