7/17/09

Violet

So the inspiration has finally hit for my new collection at school. I will be designing a Fall/Winter 2010 Dancewear collection inspired by Louis Malle's film Pretty Baby.
For those of you that haven't heard of it, it came out in 1978 and it's about a brothel in New Orleans. Oh, and Brooke Shields was a pre-teen raised in the brothel (her role made her famous). Her momma was Susan Sarandon. Madame Nell owns the brothel and eventually tries to auction off Brooke Shields' virginity, but of course she wants to lose it to some dude she actually loves.
It kind of combines all my favorite things. Lingerie. Lace. Ruffles. Volume. Poufy Hair. 1920's. New Orleans. Brothels. And lots of skin. And lots of leg. And collarbones. And shoulders. And wrists. I think I shall post up some flats on here now that I know how to use Photoshop.
I'm particularly fascinated by how subdued the sexiness is in this photograph. I love it!

No comments: