7/29/09

For Saturday

Me and Lalida are performing a song for the funeral on Saturday. I'm nervous because I haven't picked up my guitar seriously in like, 2-3 years. Fortunately the song is easy, but being in front of a crowd isn't.

The song we settled on is very special to me. I think it's a beautiful song, and the lyrics are pretty cryptic. Here's one interpretation of the song from songmeanings.com.....

"maybe it's about a loved one who died and maybe it has been a while and the person has had time to grieve and is at the point where they are just able to close their eyes and think about the person and feel their presence and even if they cry, its like celebrating their memories of the person"

Then we've got Aarti and Atu to help us out with I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, one of Michelle's favorite songs. Aarti is and amaziiiiiing singer, same with Atu, and he plays the uke too. =)


No comments: