7/11/09

Numa? No, Namu

Last night, Peter, Jump, and I went to Namu, one of favorite joints in the city. 

Well, first off, Peter and I drove to Jump's house in Redwood City to pick him up and Peter was speeding down the neighborhood, unbuckled his seatbelt down the block, halfway parked on the driveway and the street, ran into Jump's house, and caught the last minute of the Giant's no-hitter game. Boys and their sports. 

So, back to Namu. It's on Balboa in the Richmond District. They do Asian Fusion cuisine. Mostly Korean, but they toss some Japanese and Thai stuff in it too. It's owned by the 3 Lee brothers, and everything about the restaurant is sustainable, local, green. They only shop at Farmer's Markets around the city and their menu is strictly seasonal.

The first time I went with a group of friends, I wasn't very hungry so I had the chicken yakitori. There wasn't much on the plate, but each piece of chicken was so juicy and cooked just right. That night we met David, the youngest of the Lee brothers. All of us chatted and he gave us 3 rounds of sake on the house. BOMB!

Last night me and Peter shared the Korean beef burger which was so tender and yummaaay. I also shared my Korean bbq beef tacos with Peter but I can't find pictures online since it was recently added to the menu. Basically its the bbq beef with a slice of avocado, salsa, rice, and this Korean sauce laid on top of a seaweed wrapper (like a tortilla). So good. 

For drinks the boys had Japanese rice beer, and I had strawberry-mango soju. Later David intro'd me to a freshly squeezed grapefruit soju which was so refreshing!

The atmosphere is so chill, and David is a really cool guy to talk to. I think we stayed and chatted from 10:30 pm to 1am! 

I'm thinking about doing my birthday here, so stay tuned homies.



1 comment:

s0urpatchkids said...

sounds like sooo much fun!
& hella yummy!