2/9/09

Movie Madness

I have until Wednesday to watch and devour the special features of these 3 films I checked out from my school's library.

1.) Time to Leave. I must say, I picked this out because of the white box, the title, and the fact that it said: A film by...If a DVD's spine makes room for the director to put his long-ass name on it, then you know he is proud of his work. I checked on IMDB, it has a 7.2 rating and the first user review says, "The Poetics of Dying." I'm excited!


2.) The Science of Sleep. I've seen this like, 4 times already but I don't own the DVD, therefore I haven't explored the Special Features. Unfortunately, I read the back of the box and there aren't any English subtitles for the features. Boo.

3.) The Return of the King EXTENDED version. Don't hate, I know I'm a nerd. This box set has 4 epic discs! FOUR! and Peter Jackson specifically mentioned that all the extended dvd versions feature longer scenes and whole scenes that weren't just discarded on the cutting room floor; they had to be removed to reduce running time. 

EXCITED! Ok bye!

P.S. Next Monday I'm checking out this UNBELIEVABLE boxed set of Director-compiled , short films, commercials, background, commentary documentaries. This particular 3 DVD set includes Spike Jonze (Being John Malkovich, that epic Fatboy Slim video of Christopher Walken dancing), Chris Cunningham (Bjork's 'All is Full of Love video, AND Portishead's 'Only You') and Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine, The Science of Sleep). Coincidentally, all these great guys have worked with Bjork. That makes them brilliant weirdos. 

No comments: