5/22/09

New Collection...




While most of you are starting your summer break, I'm starting my second collection. That means I'm only halfway through school.

We're working on a Spring 2011 collection, which is ridiculous because no trend forecasting resource that we have access to is working on any research for 2011...they haven't even finalized Fall 2010 research yet! (That won't be done until Feb 2010)

I decided to look up movies, and I found out a movie based on a Marvel Comic called "Thor" should be released by May 2011. Chris Hemsworth is the lead, he played James Kirk's papa in Star Trek.

Thor is a Norse god, son of Odin, which coincidentally, was the theme of a colorguard show my sophomore year. So I guess my theme will be about vikings.
I titled it Divinity, and the subthemes are Wisdom and Growth, based off Thor's parents Odin and Jord. Wisdom will take on a rustic antiquity and the colors are earthy with rich blues. Growth is obviously youthful and the color palette is natural with greens and other warm colors. Here are some theme pictures.


I'm figuring how or if I should incorporate actual Viking paintings into my collage or if I should leave the themes as abstract....

No comments: