5/3/09

Long Weekend!

Boy, what a week! 

I basically spent the entire week perfecting this ONE homework assignment for ONE class! It was also on Friday, so what a treat it was once it was all over. I rushed back home and got ready to take Nikko out for his birthday!

Nikko drove; I would have offered to treat him with a chauffeured ride but me driving to the city is like asking for a death sentence. We ate at Hard Knoxx Cafe. Delish! I had 3-piece fried chicken with mac and cheese and collard greens. The chicken was amazing, yummy fried batter and juicy white meat. The mac and cheese was very heavy and creamy...still really good but only in small portions. The collard greens were kinda disappointing. I had only had them once before (homemade) and the greens at the restaurant were bland and bitter. Nikko got spare ribs with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. They served their drinks in those kind of glass jars with handles...I got Arnold Palmer and Nikko got lemonade. I love good food.

Afterwards we had planned to go to Revolution Cafe but it was packed to the max! Very much like a French cafe with people crammed side-by-side and people standing in the walkways so we just called it a night. Bhi Bhiman was performing and it kinda looked like everyone was much to drunk and not paying any attention to him. 

Saturday, Nikko and I headed to CAL for Relay for Life! I was there for Team Michelle! The weather was pretty sucky, and I made a bad decision of wearing my most comfortable shoes...which were MESH tennis shoes. My socks got completely soaked. Relay for Life was so fun, every hour there was entertainment and food. Lots of food. Paul Mitchell students did free makeovers and they cut hair (only for donation). I initially thought there was only going to be a few of us for Team Michelle but the team captain got her business frat and sorority to join. Total, I walked the track for 4-5 hours straight. I had to leave unfortunately because of my mom's birthday...I would have loved to camp out overnight =(. 

My mom's birthday was really chill and intimate which is probably why she wanted me to go...because a lot of her friends were busy with work so there was only a couple of us. We basically had a lot of sushi and wine and we watched the bootleg of Wolverine with the incomplete special effects.

I've finally got my Macbook back with all my hard-drive back to...empty. I didn't back up anything. My music, pictures (trips, LA, old friends...), movies, programs (Microsoft office, limewire, bit torrents), and documents. The major document I'm most bummed about was my resume which was such a pain in the ass to do. I'm a dummy for not backing anything up...I had so much faith in my Mac. adfjslkfdghlsdkfgh

No comments: