4/1/09

Thai Beef Salad!

I was REALLY about to go for a run but I remembered I had to make lunch for my dad. My Thai food knowledge is pretty limited...but here goes. I don't really use measurements...only when I'm reading something off a recipe book. So bear with me, if you make this yourself just make sure it tastes good in the end. I think cooking (you don't have to listen to me especially since I'm no pro, like Chefboyrdean) should be fun and about improvisation, not precise like chemistry...a class I would have failed if I didn't cheat off my classmates. (We all cheated and passed together, don't hate). 

The pictures should give you an idea. This is obviously a really easy recipe if I can make it haha.

Step 1: Grill some beef or pork. No seasonings needed, just grill the meat.
Step 2: Slice the meat really thin. Like, 1/4" thin.
Step 3: Toss it in a bowl with mint, diced red onions, cilantro, green onions


Step 4: Add some diced up jalapeno chili peppers and lemongrass (picture).


Step 5: Squeeze in some lemon. Maybe even a whole lemon.


Step 6: FISH SAUCE. Not too much though.


Step 7: Add some more chili, this time ground, dried chili..because Thai food is never spicy enough.


Step 8: Mix it all together
Step 9: Taste it. It should be a balanced mix between salty, sour, and spicy. Overall, refreshing.


Step 10: Plate it with some lettuce leaves. Enjoy!

2 comments:

s0urpatchkids said...

MMMMMMMMMM....
I just got reaaaaally hungy.

CHEFBOYRDEAN said...

cooking is fun!!!thats y im a chef if it wasnt i wouldnt cook!!!! ps im waiting on my sushi....hahaha okay bye amanda