4/10/09

Paris, Day 1!


My dad works for United Airlines, meaning that we fly standby. An employee and his family/companions that fly standby take up leftover seats on the airplane, and if you want first or business class, you have to dress NICE. The night before, my sister texted me "What should I pack for Paris?" Considering that it was the night she turned 18, an adult, I replied, "You're an adult now, think for yourself."

Apparently that was a mistake.

At the airport, my dad's friend was working the counter so he hooked us up with first class seats. He also nearly got in major trouble because Sam was wearing those Rite Aid sneakers with visible white socks. My mom and I quickly shuffled shoes (Sam couldn't fit anything), and eventually got on the plane.

There's something really funny about getting good seats as opposed to coach. First class and business is sooo comfortable: reclined seats, foot rests, back massagers, good food, movie choices. I ALWAYS fall asleep right away so I don't get to enjoy the features! Then in economy you get nothing and it's hard as hell to fall asleep because it's so uncomfortable!

Personal tapes =)

Ice Cream!

Arriving in Paris

On the train to reach the city


"We didn't edit this video, there's actually a guy playing the accordion!" In France they don't have that Graffiti Busters business like we do in the Bay Area. France is pretty dirty, sorry.

Finding out where to go

Take note that every entrance to the metro is in the Art Nouveau style. It's sooo cool. =) Might I add in that I have successfully conquered the Paris subway system. =) I'll be your tour guide.

Don't know why they sell condoms inside the metro station...

Take the metro to Bir Hakeim/Tour-Eiffel to see the Eiffel Tower!

Every hour or half hour? (I forget), the tower flickers.

Sorry it starts off sideways...

Like we have taco trucks in America, they have crepe, cafe, baguette trucks in France. Everything is better in France. =(

For dinner, we found a cafe that was open late (many are open until 2am). I ordered Quiche Lorraine. 

My dad ordered Sausage Frites and it turned out just being hot dogs with fries.

My German relatives that met up with us at the hotel brought delish German chocolates.

Marriotts have the most plush, squishy, soft beds ever!

1 comment:

CHEFBOYRDEAN said...

oh man....im jealous i love the pictures so i just got back from la oh man........im pooped hella tired but i had 3 5 hour energy shoots..omg hahah i got only 3 hours of sleep in the last 28 hours omg kill me i love the pictures i hope to go there soon talk to u soon later