1/8/09

Not the Bandwagon!






































First, Hilary Duff on the cover of Maxim Jan '09. She's a REAL sexy woman now!!! So proud! You still can't sing but you do great charity work AND you're sexy! You go, Hilary Duff!

***

I recently fell into everything that is the Twilight series. And, NO, I am not hopping into the bandwagon with everyone else. Why? Because I was extremely lazy and the hype is over. For Christmas, Sam bought book 1 & 2, Twilight and New Moon; respectively. I finished each in about 10 hours. I read all day Monday and all day Tuesday. Today I purchased Eclipse  and tomorrow I have to go to Borders and pay full-fucking-price for Breaking Dawn because all the cheaper stores are sold out.

I actually watched the movie first, a bootleg, with Suwanna. I must say, the book to movie adaptation turned out a lot better than Harry Potter. Harry Potter is full of twisted, important, minute details and events. When they're left out of the movie, you notice, and it really sucks.To this day I only think film 3 lived up to any sort of expectation. The rest of the films suck balls. The Twilight book focused A LOT, A LOT LOT on Bella's feelings. The book was like, 3/4's emotion and 1/4th action and yet in the film they manage to hack out all the chemistry and dialogue and POOF, they're in love. I was surprised that on the upcoming DVD cover, they feature the 3 bad vampires when they're only in the film for a total of...10 minutes? 

The book, Eclipse, really hurt to read. This book was 7/8's heartbroken Bella and 1/8th contact with other characters. It was somewhat irritating, but you must admire how well the author crafted heartache; the pain, loneliness, emptiness, the sickness...down to the very last detail. Admirable because any reader could understand how it feels to be dumped without ever having a true love. Brill.

No comments: