12/7/09

Thanks

This was from an old email chain start by some Berkeley temple kids. I let a whole 2 weeks pass before I filled it in. I hate when people don't respond to my emails so I felt the need to respond to this.

***

Greetings!!!!!!!Welcome to an annual Thanksgiving tradition that started back in2003!!! And welcome back to past participants.

What you do:

1. Name five things you are thankful for this year. You decide the scope and level of seriousness/silliness/both: something that made yousmile today, people, activities, anything! Please don't be a smartassand say, for instance, you're grateful that something annoying didn'thappen to you today. We all have those days, but this isn't a forumfor complaints.

2. Resend to the person who sent it to you + anyone else you want tobe part of the Operation. (A note regarding Op. Grat. and socialmedia: it is being left in the realm of old-fashioned email. With theadvent of chats, texts, FB, twitter, etc., I believe its important tothe integrity of the operation to keep this targeted, limited andintimate - and not a "post" for hundreds to read.)

***

BECAUSE I'M LAZY AND ALWAYS LATE <3 And in no particular order because I'm not organized either.

1.) STTT/Fremont/Berkeley Temple Kids: You guys gave me something to work a little harder for. Before Peter "dragged" me along to my first STTT meeting at ALC I was just a wee little fashion design student that complained too much about school. Nevermind, I still complain too much about school. Then I got more involved with the Thai community, helping others, and things bigger than myself and my clothes. All you old people (hehe) continue to be my big brothers and sisters that I look up to. I hope that in the future I can grow up to be as inspiring to the younger generation just like you guys are to me.

2.) My Parents: Mom for loving me unconditionally even when I forget to wash the dishes and clean my room. For taking me out of my senior year of HS for a week to tour Europe and signing off my Independent Study Forms as "Cultural Enrichment", letting me drop math class, not killing me when I got a tattoo and for forgiving me for not going to a UC to become a nurse. Dad for being reckless and funny and irresponsible (we match). For being my snowboard buddy, skydiving buddy, travel agent, and for buying a Vespa because that pissed off Mom so bad that it made me look the better person and let me off the hook of a lot of other things.

3.) Max: For letting me Genghis Khan my way in and out of your life for 5 years like it was cool and still sticking around for me in the end. For babying me because being a tough boss bitch is hard work and not so fun.

4.) Los Angeles: Because I grew up SO FAST living there for 9 months in comparison to my 17 years in Union City

5.) Mexicans. No Illegals = No Burritos. I love the food, Broadway Street and the Fashion District in LA, taco trucks, Mexico, Dia De Los Muertos, churros, flea markets, horchata, tequila, mariachi bands, Chevy's Flautas, sugar skulls, Viva La Raza!

HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING!

No comments: