12/7/09

Stay Awake


Killer somewhat recently introduced me to the term "Steampunk" and I LOVE all of it. Umm, well I think I do. Oh wait, not all of it. Because up there is a Steampunk style cake in the shape of my least favorite thing in the whole wide world...a butterfly.




I want to make this. Jump's surprise 22nd birthday is this weekend. Pig nominated me to make 7-layer dip like always...and I want to make this veggie dish. I'll have to find a replacement for those mushrooms though...eew.



I'm going to start labeling my posts. I enjoy looking back and seeing the things that I complain about, the things that excite me, etc. Mostly complain.

Right now I'm working on PERFECTING my layout pages for my portfolio. There ARE things I have yet to start but for some reason I really really want my backgrounds to be PERFECT. I've spent hours on Deviant Art, Flickr, Google, and Bing searching for the best photos and editing them on Photoshop. I'm actually quite pleased with my Tuskegee Airmen theme called Flyboy. Goodness, I wonder how historically inaccurate I am with this. I have got to do research. I'm not even completely sure how to pronounce Tuskegee.

My collection inspired by the photos of prostitutes from brothels of Storyville, New Orleans is probably my favorite collection. I've finally found some wonderful photos of damaged damask wallpapers.

My last collection inspired by the artwork of Aubrey Beardsley is being a little more difficult; I'm trying really hard to find a visual of something that symbolizes his artwork as opposed to just blowing up one of his pieces and using that as a background.

Taking a random topic and finding inspiration for that is easy. Taking a work of art and finding inspiration for that is a little more difficult. It's like painting the definition of painting.

***
Killer is coming up on Tuesday! HELL. YES. We won't really be "hanging out" because I'll be slaving away at my homework (like what I should be doing right now) but having him around while I work 'round the clock is comforting. Being awake at this hour ALONE sucks.

Lately my parents have been teasing me about Killer's uncle, Mongolian, who I'm not very fond of, by saying things like "he's going to be your relative soon" and stuff like that. It surprised me that when my mom first found out about me and Killer she said "So, you're dating [Killer] now? You want to be related to [Mongolian]?" Not in a mean way, they just laugh about him ALL THE TIME.

For example, my dad wants me to coordinate this Volunteer Appreciation Dinner for the usual temple folks in March; just a little something "fun" (NOTHING is fun when karaoke is involved) to celebrate, acknowledge, and thank the volunteers for all their hard work. And of course, Mongolian was the ONLY person against it. Saying it was a waste of money.

Second, one of the music teachers passed out twice; as in walking...then faint. Not frequent enough to be narcoleptic, maybe anemic. Or whatever else makes you pass out. Mongolian flipped out and said "We need to ship him back to Thailand now!" While my dad calmly reminded him "Maybe we should take him to the doctor first, then ask the school principal if they have insurance..."

Anyways, as long as Mongolian doesn't get as intrusive, demanding, disruptive, inconsiderate and JUST PLAIN ANNOYING like The Giantess, then I'm all good. He just knows how to be wrong when EVERYONE ELSE is right all together.

***

I have memories and moments that stick in my head forever and then there are things that I just continue to ask over and over about and forget the answer. I'm an airhead. But I think me and Killer's 3 months is tomorrow (I think...I forget the date) AND Harry Potter 6 comes out on dvd the same day. Awesome. I just remembered Killer's cell phone number, so cut me some slack.

I wonder when I'll finally just be really comfortable around him. As I have mentioned before, we've known each other for years, been dating for 3 months, see each other 1-2 weekends a month...but every time I see him I'm like Puff and Duke...WAAAAY excited every time someone comes home.

It's ridiculous how drawn I am to him.

K, homeworkage!

2 comments:

s0urpatchkids said...

I love how I know all the nicknames without even having to ask

=)

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! I was thinking the same exact thing. Amazing that I've been gone for so long, but still know exactly who said people are. GREAT nicknames, BTW!

Oh, and that coffee thing is ridiculously cute.

Hi Amanda!! I'm such a stalker, sorry!