9/28/09

Bright Star






I watched this is Irvine with Killer and majority of the folks in the theater were grandpas and grandmas. I really wanted to watch this on my own because A.) I didn't think I could bear the corny-ness of watching a romance with my person and B.) I didn't want him to waste money on a movie that he probably wouldn't enjoy. He was pretty keen and set on watching it so off we went. During the trailer reel we found out The Boat That Rocked got its title changed to Pirate Radio which really sucks. I like everything "pirate" but the original title stuck with me.

Abbie Cornish is a great actress, as seen in Candy with Heath Ledger, but I must say her reputation has been ruined since Stop-Loss and her homewrecking hook-up with Ryan Phillippe.

Costumes were alright. Abbie's costumes weren't flattering for her fuller figure but the men looked great. Cinematography was great with loads of scenes drenched in natural light and intense close-up shots. Music wasn't memorable. As far as dialogue, IMDB doesn't have any quotes from the film so I can't back anything up. I have a really hard time remembering words since I'm a visual person, but there was a great scene were the poet Keats explains the process of creating poetry. And now I feel really stupid for beginning to explain something that I can't really explain.

No comments: