11/27/08

This Morning.


Not to be all fashion-y but I read this quote from Marc Jacobs and it really changed the way I think!

“I really have a good attitude about tattooing. When I first got one, two years ago, I was like, ‘I’m not going to overthink this or what it means, or what it’s going to be like when I’m 80. I want to get tattooed today, and in five weeks, I’ll get a SpongeBob tattoo.’ Will I regret it someday? I don’t know, but I’m not going to deny myself this pleasure today because of what I don’t know in the future.” -Marc Jacobs, Rolling Stone

Marc Jacobs' tattoos include: Spongebob, the red M&M, a Simpsonized version of himself, a couch, "Bros before Hos", and more...

***

This doesn't mean I'm going to go out and get a tattoo of Pikachu or something; this relates to a lot more than ink. For example, I currently have a shitload of homework to do, and if I don't start now, I expect to get less than 4 hours of sleep a day starting Sunday. I'll probably call in sick for work on Tuesday to do more homework, and I'll also be expecting to spend 15 hours a day at school. Why? Because it's Thanksgiving, and I'd rather be spending quality time with Nikko, paint (something I haven't done in AGES), and start on my feather hair pieces. I guess my situation is different because I can sort of guess how miserable I'll be once this weekend is over, but it's okay. I will completely enjoy my day and remind myself that doing bad in school does not define my career. =)

Be THANKFUL you have an excuse like today!

No comments: