10/31/08

Tagged

The rules of tagging are:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post

1.) I'm excited to graduate in June because I feel like it would be so worthwhile. School is completely exhausting right now. I'm working so hard, to the very tip of my mental and physical capacity. At first I was truly worried about being the "new girl" since FIDM SF is a small campus and all the students have been in the same classes since first quarter but I'm sadly GREATFUL to be alone all the time because I get more work done. Really, really unlike my usual self. My house is a mess because I get home from school, scarf down dinner while I do hw, do hw until 2am, and go to my bedroom and pass out. My bedroom is a disaster; I change clothes, dump them on the floor and sleep, wake up, change clothes and leave. Exhausted. I bring my hw to my work place too. And I haven't showered in 2 days. (I don't sweat or excercise so I don't stink, thank goodness)

2.) At the same time I wish I could quit school. The whole hustling, trying to get your name out, finding networks and contacts is so appealing to me. I just want to up and leave and move to New York. I worked so hard and finally got my big break in LA with an amazing internship for Marilyn Heston, thanks to Renee Young (event planner and designer of the black dress from My Chemical Romance's 'Helena' vid) and I had to move back because the price of school and rent COMBINED created serious financial strain on my family. If I was just working on my own, I could have afforded to pay for my living expenses at the least. Honestly, in the fashion industry, it's about who you know.

3.) I'm very passionate about San Francisco. It's a beautiful city, the cleanest of the 5 major cities on my list (LA, NY, CHI, MIA, SF), it's bustling, and it's still growing. My Creative Draping teacher is part of this "fashion" committee for San Francisco, she works with Mayor Gavin Newsom, Ex-Mayor Willie Brown, and other major industry players to discuss plans on how to make San Francisco a bigger scene in the fashion/entertainment industry. I really love San Francisco, the fashion is just as amazing but not as mainstream as New York and what entertainment industry we have here is much classier than LA. I really want to be a part of the growth of this city; to make it something bigger. I couldn't tell you my full plan, but it would be amazing if it could work out.

4.) I really respect the male sex and I feel like women give them less credit than they deserve. I dislike men that disrespect their women and I dislike women that disrespect their men. Which is probably why I only think of Vivian, Kelly, and Lalida as my best girlfriends. What's weird is that I have more valuable guy friends than girl friends, mainly because my old girl "friends" abuse their significant others' kindness. I also use what my guy friends complain about to shape myself into being a cooler girlfriend.

5.) I love to spend money. I love clothes, I love taking my friends out to dinner, I love spoiling my mom, I love buying great gifts for people. I am frugal with my money though. I wouldn't spend money on anything that I didn't think was valuable. I told my mom, "I better get a high paying job because I love spending money." She looked at me with this shocked expression on her face and said, "I thought you were going to say, 'I need to marry a rich guy!'" =)

6.) Hopeless romantic. Seriously. I want a guy that comes with a beautiful story. He could be my high school sweetheart, childhood friend, someone I met through an old mutual friend, etc. I also wouldn't cry about he guy unless the situation was truly heartbreaking. Yes, pathetic.

I don't have 6 friends on blogger. So do it if you want and let me know!

1 comment:

kel said...

"My bedroom is a disaster; I change clothes, dump them on the floor and sleep, wake up, change clothes and leave. Exhausted. I bring my hw to my work place too. And I haven't showered in 2 days. (I don't sweat or excercise so I don't stink, thank goodness)"

That is my life right now too! I just cleaned up after a week and a half of mess because honestly I don't have the time. I bike to work, barely eat, stay up late doing homework or watching something/distraction or with Nick and not here and my goodness. If we were still living together we'd barely see eachother!